|Home The School Sections Facilities Academics Extra-Curricular Admissions Calendar Examination Afternoon School News & Press Contact Us|
Assessment and Evaluation Policy
Divisional Public School & College Sahiwal has adopted Semester System of examination from Class Prep to VIII and Annual System for Class IX onwards. Academic Session has been divided into two semesters of twenty weeks each. We do not assess complete one year hard work in two hours examination. Our assessment spreads over the whole year. Salient features are:
· Two assessment tests will be conducted in each semester. Following distribution
of marks is adopted to prepare a semester result.
· 20% marks have been allotted to monthly assessment tests in each semester exam.
· 5% marks are awarded to the students on the basis of his/her cleanliness,
discipline and homework by subject teacher of the subject concerned.
· 75% marks have been allotted to semester exam.
· There will be no negative marking in the objective papers.
· Pass percentage will be 50%.
· No student will be detained in 1st Semester. If a student fails in one or more subjects in 1st Semester, his/her previous syllabus will not be included in the next semester examination. He/She will study and take exam of the syllabus of semester in progress only. At the end of final semester, student will have to secure an aggregate of 50% marks from two semesters for promotion to the next class. Marks of all Monthly and Semester exams are counted towards final result.
· Absent in any paper will be failed in that subject. If any student is on leave with the permission of the Principal, he will be awarded average marks based on previous examinations of that subject during the session.
· Students failing in two core subjects or one core and two non core subjects will be detained in the same class. However in class VIII, a student failing to qualify in any one core subject will be considered to have failed.
· A student absent in any missed paper will be considering failed. However if any student obtained legitimate leave from the principal, he will be awarded average marks in the missed paper based on his performance in that particular subject during the whole year. If a student missed out complete semester examination because of genuine sickness or emergency and obtained proper permission from the school, he will be graded against the tests he has taken. However a student absent without proper leave will be awarded zero marks in the papers